Who does not experience stress these days? Even a tiny mouse has some of it in its life! But how does it affect one’s body?
What is Stress?
This term is defined as the physical, mental or emotional state that causes body or mental pressure. We all experience two types of it:-
- Eustress is the positive stress that one can cope with. It motivates one to work harder and achieve goals. An example of eustress can be getting a promotion at. This leads to a greater workload, but one can still manage it.
- Distress is the negative, overwhelming kind that one is unable to handle. An example of distress can be a diagnosis of Cancer!
While some amount of stress is helpful, too much of it can affect your physical health adversely. Decades of studies have given importance to maintain a healthy lifestyle for overall well-being. After all, one issue like this can lead to the development of multiple problems in terms of health. Together, these problems can lead to a decrease in lifespan!
How does it affect your physical health?
- Feeling dizzy/ fainting
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain
- Pounding heart beat
- Risk of getting a heart attack
- Exhaustion/ too much tiredness
- Acidity or indigestion issues
- Stomach ache
- Tensed muscles
- Weak immunity
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
- Fertility issues
- Lowered sex drive
- Irregular menstrual cycle
Most people reach out to a doctor for these issues because they are physical ailments.However, the root cause of these problems lies in how stress affects our mental well-being. Hence, it is essential to stay informed and seek the right the right kind of help.
We may thus conclude that stress has a lot of effect on our physical health. Click here to contact a counselor from Mind Solace and fight your stress effectively today!